110 Watt Stainless Steel UV Sterilizer
- Brand: Hydro Wellness
- Product Code: 110 Watt Stainless Steel UV Sterilizer
- Availability: In Stock
110 Watt Stainless Steel UV Sterilizer with a 40mm inlet/outlet. It has the capacity to sterilize 5400 liters per hour.
How does Ultra Violet Light work?
UV rays can destroy 99.99% of harmful micro organisms without adding chemicals or changing your water's taste or odour. Ultraviolet light (UV) is a natural part of the sunlight and is widely accepted as a reliable, efficient and environmentally friendly solution for water disinfection. The UV lamp utilizes the application of particularly efficient UV radiator with a 254nm wave length to cause immediate death to organisms and wipe out their ability to survive and reproduce.
The water is exposed to UV radiation in a specially designed chamber that provides intimate contact of the water with the UV light source. Bacteria and other living organisms absorb the energy, which destroys or inactivates their DNA, thus preventing the bacteria from reproducing. Similarly, chemicals and organic compounds also absorb the energy and they are broken down into smaller and more harmless molecules.
The effectiveness of UV light depends on a number of factors: the length of time a micro-organism is exposed to UV, power fluctuations of the UV source that impact the EM wavelength, the presence of particles that can protect the micro- organisms from UV, and a micro-organism's ability to withstand UV during its exposure. It is advisable to always filter the water before it goes through the UV light to ensure that all lose particles are removed. It is also important to ensure that the UV light used is big enough for the maximum flow that can go through the system.
ULTRAVIOLET STERILIZER USE INFORMATION:
An Ultraviolet sterilizer:
- Cleans water and kill bacteria such as E.Coli and parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Can be added onto existing whole house water filter systems.
- Is simple and easy to install and maintain.
- Is a well known addition to water filtration systems in domestic, commercial and industrial practices.
- Is essential after filtration for purifying water that has been exposed to contaminants causing diseases such as Salmonella, Polio, cysts, flu, dysentry, meningitis, typhoid fever, hepatitis and various other conditions.
What you get:
- 2 x 55 Watt lamps
- 2 x glass sleeves to place lamp in
- 2 x ballast (transformer) to connect to 220v power supply
- 4 x O-rings
- Mountings fitted directly on stainless steel housing
DISCLAIMER: *HAVE YOUR WATER TESTED BEFORE INSTALLING THE UV LIGHT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS THE RIGHT SOLUTION AND IF ANY PRE-TREATMENT IS REQUIRED. IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE YOUR WATER TESTED REGULARLY AFTER INSTALLATION AND TO CHANGE THE LAMP AT THE RECOMMENDED INTERVALS TO ENSURE THE EFFECTIVE WORKING OF THE UNIT.